For Art Study in our homschool, we pick one artist to look at over a few months. (There is a website that I follow and download the images from). Once a week we "study" a new picture. By study, I mean we pass it around and rate it based on what we like or dislike about it. Since our recent artist was Mary Cassatt, who mainly features women and babies in her paintings, the boys did not rate her paintings very high! When we are done with all of them, I have the children choose their favorite and copy it. Here are their versions along with the originals. (Can you tell who the real artist is? Of course, I like my children's pictures better!)
Sunday, February 21, 2010
My Little Artists!
For Art Study in our homschool, we pick one artist to look at over a few months. (There is a website that I follow and download the images from). Once a week we "study" a new picture. By study, I mean we pass it around and rate it based on what we like or dislike about it. Since our recent artist was Mary Cassatt, who mainly features women and babies in her paintings, the boys did not rate her paintings very high! When we are done with all of them, I have the children choose their favorite and copy it. Here are their versions along with the originals. (Can you tell who the real artist is? Of course, I like my children's pictures better!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
We LOVE the artwork!!! Gunnar is so with Asher - bring on the guns!!! I think I will check out the site. Thanks for the info.
Thanks for sharing what you are studying in art and the childrens' individual drawings. They are terrific!!
I love you guys!
Mom
Post a Comment