Sunday, September 13, 2015

Vacation Adventure

Our family decided to take a spontaneous vacation.
I say "spontaneous" because we wanted to take a military flight 
somewhere, but the thing about military flights is that 
you have no idea where they're flying to until 3 days before!
That being said, we hopped aboard one of these babies and landed in...
 San Diego!
First stop: In-N-Out.....yummy!
 After finding a hotel and rental car, we visited Sea World.
These creatures are amazing and beautiful. Here with 
Aiden is a manta ray that looks like he's smiling at you.
Asher has his hand in a tank of cleaner fish that nibble one your 
hand - it feels so creepy!!! 
Next stop: Legoland for two days!
We loved it....the lego displays, the rides, the many 
things to see and do, just too much fun.
 Here is Jason and me enjoying it together:
 Oh wait, that's not Jason :)
At first the children were a bit wary (ok, downright scaredy-pants)
about the rides. But they got over that fast!
Autumn and Aiden even went on this thing that spun them, twisted
them, and turned them and loved it.
 Day two of Legoland: we wore "swim clothes" so we could enjoy their 
water park. I plain forgot how much wicked fun it is to go down 
a water slide at high speed. Woo-hoo!
After all that fun, we drove up to Sacramento to see Steve and Neeley 
and play with their wonderful, adorable kids.
This is Pearl, who is just the cutest gal in the world.
She loved her uncle Jason :) 
 And this is Jack, who is so lovable and sweet.
He enjoyed wrestling bouts with Asher.
I feel bad, I don't think I took any pictures of Steve and Neeley!
(sorry, guys! You know I love you)
 The last great thing before heading home:
hanging with our very special friends, the Trans, 
whom we would love to just move next door to us!
And then we caught another "chance" flight home....
God is good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SHELLI GALE!

Hey there! I came across this blog link while perusing an old email. I hope you remember me from our time up in the bay area together being connected through mutual friends (and past church acquaintances). It is was great to "see" you and look at how big all your kids are now! God bless you all!
~Rebekah Williams