Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fun & Frolic in California

We just returned from our exciting spring vacation! It was very fun but exhausting...I don't ever want to be in the van again. We started our trip (and by "we" I mean the kids and me; Jason had to stay home and study for a CG test) by driving down to Oregon to see Grammy and Papa. The weather was lovely there and we spent a day helping them prepare for a garage sale. The boys stayed with them and Aiden made six dollars selling candy at the sale!
Meanwhile, Autumn and I continued on to California to spend the weekend with my super awesome BFF Margaret and her wonderful family. Here is my beautiful friend enjoying a chocolate bar; don't we have so much in common? (the chocolate, that is)
On Saturday we got to go see Timmy (Margaret's son) play baseball! It was so cute.
We also had a barbeque, a ladies' lunch after church, went shopping,
had a girls' night outing, and had lots of time to talk and fellowship.
It was a greatly encouraging time to me!
On our last day with them I got to take my girls on a date
to McDonalds!
Next, Autumn and I traveled to Sacramento to stay with Neeley (Jason's
sister) and her wonderful husband Steve at the Hotel de Wetzel. It is this
great hotel/health spa/puppy play place in Rancho Cordova, look it up!
It was so nice to see them, but the highlight was playing
with their new puppy, Boris. (Click to watch a cute video of Boris) 

We did lots of fun things with them including hikes, crepes,
and dog parks. Here we are at a Mexican restuarant.
Uncle Steve looks fierce, but he's really a nice guy!
After a very long drive home which included rainstorms,
snowstorms, accidents, and rush hour traffic we are happily home.
I missed my wonderful husband so much I decided to
never go away from him again.
Praises: we all were safe and had a refreshing time!
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting!"
Psalm 106:1

No comments: