Sunday, May 25, 2008

Week in Review


Hi everyone! It was a normal week here at the Gale household, which means lots of crazy-ness and messes and fun times. I thought I would just share a few of the happenings. First off, the video above is Aiden making what we call "the Papa noise". It has something to do with allergies, I think, but only him and Papa (Jason's Dad) can make it, and Aiden has been doing it since he was a baby!
We are currently studying Ancient Egypt in our homeschool, which is so fun! We plan to have a dress-up party this week, so check back next week for photos. Anyway, here is Autumn mummifying a paper doll. We would have liked to mummify a Barbie doll or something, but for storage, paper was
easiest.
On Monday, some friends from church came over and visited. We took them on our favorite nature trail (one you've probably all been on!) near our house. Here is Autumn with four of their girls (they have five beautiful girls and one boy Asher's age). It was a sweet time of fellowship!
Next, we have Asher's magnificent Lego castle! It has lots of working features and each troop (at left) has special attack procedures and modes of fighting. His inspiration? Prince Caspian!
Yesterday was a rainy day for us so Jason took us all to see "Prince Caspian". Now of course I have to say that the book was different than the movie and the book is better (always is) but besides that, the movie was awesome! Lots of action, sword fights, humor and a small bit of romance make it a really good watch. There is an especially poignant part where Lucy saw Aslan and the others didn't and so she followed the others instead of going to Aslan. He later asked her, "Why didn't you follow me even though the others didn't?" (He said it better than that) Since Aslan is an example of Christ it was a powerful moment for me. Am I going to do what everyone does and what it easy or am I going to follow Christ even if I have to do it alone? Something to challenge us all, I think.
See you next week!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a week!! Aiden is adorable, Dad was so proud! We have such talented grandchildren...castles, mummies, and snorts. What a wonderful challenge you gave all of us at the end of your blog, thank you. Hope you have another great week of adventures.

MOM