Sunday, August 29, 2010

Book Review

I have just finished this most excellent book, All Things For Good, by Thomas Watson. I highly recommend it to any one who is going through a hard time, or any one who everything is great in their life and are just bored. It is highly encouraging and challenging! Here is the first line of the preface:

"There are two things which I have always looked upon as difficult. The one is, to make the wicked sad; the other is, to make the godly joyful."
and here is another great quote:

"Do we fear outward wants? There is a promise. 'They that seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing' (Psalm 34:10). If it is good for us, we shall have it; if it is not good for us, then the withholding of it is good...Let me be without the venison, so I may have the blessing."

Get reading, folks.

1 comment:

Grammy Gale said...

That is so convicting!! Thanks Shelli!