Saturday, March 21, 2009

How to Make Volcanoes

This is a second installment in my "how-to" series. (See "How to Make Pinatas" in a previous post) Now I know all the self-respecting homeschool moms reading this know how to make their own volcanoes, so this will be for all my other readers. (Besides, I didn't have anything else to write about)

Step one: Find a glass bottle or vase that is tall and has a small opening at the top.

Step two: Have the children use sand or mud to build up the sides of the volcano. (It was at this point I also drank my caffienated beverage: a Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappucino smoothie, highly addictive!)

Step three: Pour vinegar into the bottom of the bottle, then add red food coloring. Obviously, the more red food coloring, the redder your lava will be!

Step four: Add a whopping spoonful of baking soda to the bottle and watch the eruption! I suppose it would have been funner had we built a lego village and pretended it to be Pompeii, maybe next time.


Finally here are two cute pictures of Autumn and Aiden having fun together: Romans 14:8
For if we live, we live for the Lord,
or if we die, we die for the Lord;
therefore whether we live or die,
we are the Lord's.

No comments: