Sunday, October 3, 2010

O-o-o-o-oklahoma!

Autumn and I just took a wonderful trip to Oklahoma to see family, go to a wedding, and have lots of fun! Here are my top ten best memories:
1. Riding the skytrain at the Dallas airport
2. Going to the Edmond Historical Museum, which had a children's section. Autumn got to dress up and pretend to live in a frontier town. Here she and my mom are in jail.
3. Spending time my grandpa and his sweet wife was a definite high point. They just loved Autumn and she loved them!
4. My cousin got married and had a gorgeous wedding! Isn't her dress cool?
5. On Saturday we walked around downtown Oklahoma City and saw the bombing memorial, along with a series of statues depicting the Oklahoma land run.
6. After that, we drove to this gas station/convenience store/restaurant called Pops that is somewhat of a tourist attraction there. They have every kind of soda pop imaginable! Here is my brother and Autumn enjoying their pop.

7. Autumn got to play with her cousin, Evan, a lot. He is the cutest boy in the world (after Asher and Aiden, of course). The best part was swimming in my sister's pool. It was still warm enough! Those warm days are long past up here in Washington.
8. Sunday night we attended a Sandi Patty concert at a nearby church. The music was so good and fun to sing along. She did some old songs that I remember from when I first became a Christian, along with some hymns.


9. Our last day there was truly a girl's day. First stop, the mall, where we bought the boys some little things from the Lego store and I got a makeover!
10. After the mall, we went to a tea room and just enjoyed each other's company. This time was truly a gracious gift from the Lord for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelli,

I loved reading your review about your visit to Oklahoma, especially your Top 10! Also so glad I met Autumn, who is such a darling!

Love, Karen

Mom-Gramma said...

So, so special!!! It was wonderful to have you and Autumn in Oklahoma with me. I treasured every moment of your visit, and miss you both so much now. Thanks be to God for our time together.
I love you!